Tuesday, May 7, 2013

We MET HIM!!!!

In the whirlwind of the past week I haven't been able to blog a lot of major steps and things that normally I would have.  We were anticipating a court date in late May and anxiously awaiting our call...when last Thursday we got the call that it would be the following Wednesday in Ethiopia.  We had to get tickets booked to be there no later than Tuesday Morning!!  In the mix of all that running around and packing we also celebrated Jasmine's firt communion with her!!! Such a blessed blessed weekend!!! To wrap it up getting on a plane Sunday night and after about 20 hours in the air landed in Ethiopia.  Yesterday was the day we've been anticipating for MONTHS!!!  To finally set eyes on our little boy and be able to touch him and love on him.  We spent the morning at the University and Lion zoo and then this afternoon was solely dedciated to spending time at Janes House with Yeabsera.  We pulled up and I saw that infamous black door that I've seen so many pictures of ...  As we opened the door the caretaker asked which child was ours and we told her but I spotted him before she found him.  Standing there on the step SO SO SO cute!  He walked up to us, and I gave him the little ball we brought for him and he smiled and threw it. He wasn't scared of us at all.  In the first half hour or so he was happy to play with us but then also perfectly happy to walk away as well... But it didn't take long before he was asking "up" and givine me flirty little smiles, and wanting to sit by me. We even both got a kiss out of him!  He is super sweet!!!!  And a little guy for sure!! the 18m clothes I brought for him will be fitting for a while, and in fact the pants were too big.  I delivered all the gifts from the waiting mamas who sent them and loved on all the babies.  I got to hold my niece and introduce her to her cousin (though I know they've already met :)  But I got a pic of them together!).  We had so much fun playing with all the kids.  They are all such great kids and so happy and Brian was the hit of the day with all the older boys!!!  He played in the courtyard with them for quite a while.  I really think... if you need to uplift your soul and just feel like your perspective needs to be put right... go play with the kids at an orphanage. They were all such a blessing to us!!! You walk in the door and they all start calling you "mama".  And to just be able to give love and play with all of them and watch it make their day ... tooooo amazing.!  God is good!! And the nurses and caretakers all love them so much. I dont think I ever saw one without a kid in their arms.  And we finally got to spending over 3 hours with our soon to be son and we couldnt be more in love!!!  We can't wait to finally bring him home so everyone else can meet the sweetness that is Yeabsera!

1 comment:

  1. This is so very exciting!!! I love reading about your journey and your blessings. So cool.

    ReplyDelete